Friday, April 25, 2008

Day1


We arrived in Taipei at 6am after a 13 hour flight. We got settled in to our place. We were a bit surprised by the size of the apartment. 

It is smaller than we thought. There is a small kitchen area with one stove range, microwave, mini freezer/fridge and storage. The kitchen opens into the living room area which has a small sofa and chair. From the living room there are sliding doors that open into the bedroom.
 There is a loft area which is not quite tall enough for Brian to stand up in. I guess it is all relative; this place would be huge if it were on a cruise ship or a train. 



The most interesting thing was the bathroom. I had a hard time finding the shower...



We live a few blocks from the tallest building in the world, Taipei 101. When you lay down in bed you can see it from the window.

Although it is a fact this is the tallest building, it didn't seem that big to me. Maybe because the city does not seem that big, there are not a lot of skyscrapers surrounding it. 

I felt kind of like mom, who is 5'0" but, thinks she is just as tall as Brian. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

Does the floor of the bathroom have a drain?

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Very cool :) Sorry about the shower though :( Look at it this way, when you come back to the states everything will seem HUGE!

Arif said...

This is great, keep it up! I never kept mine up ... in fact, I don't think I ever made a single post, so you've already got me beat!

Also, Taipei 101 will only be the tallest building for a short time longer. The Burj Dubai will surpass it soon.

p.s. is that hose even long enough to reach Brian's head?